Saturday in Bev's kitchen - Gadgets

For today's post I thought I'd talk about a few lesser known gadgets that I use in my kitchen.
You may be familiar with these and use them as often as I do but for those who don't, here are 
three things I love to use.
This first gadget is a wooden tool with two different sized knobs, one on each end.
Any guesses?


It is a tart pastry shaping tool. Form your pastry into 1 1/2 inch balls (for the smaller tart cups) and push the small end of the tool down on to the pastry ball until a tart shell forms around it.
It's as simple as that. No rolling out and fiddling with small pastry rounds. 
For the lovely cheese and parsley pastry in the photo, check out the Red Pepper Jelly appetizer tart recipe on page 25 of our "Celebrations" cookbook.


Here's an antique cookie jar full of one of my most used tools.
These can be bought by the bagful at Ikea or at some kitchen stores.


They are bag clips and do a terrific job of sealing in freshness.  I use them for chips, nuts, bags of frozen vegetables as well as for anything I make and store in a bag for the freezer.


 My final gadget is something I found in Denmark on one of our business trips there.
They came in several shapes but these are the two I chose.


The are silicone trivets. I use them at the table under hot serving dishes as well as under pans that I take hot out of the oven.  The nice thing about these trivets is that they can go in the dishwasher. I think they are pretty classy looking and very useful.



Have you got some less than common gadgets that you use often?

Share this

Related Posts

Previous
Next Post »