Mock Potato Salad made with Cauliflower



 A friend of mine recently told me that her husband made a potato salad using cauliflower instead of potatoes. I try to incorporate more vegetables into our meal time but must admit I lack inspiration at times,  so I thought I would make my own version of this salad and see how the family liked it. We liked it, but no one could be fooled and knew that it wasn't potatoes. You can try your favorite potato salad substituting cauliflower in your recipe as well or try this version.
  • 1 large head of cauliflower
  • 4 hard boiled eggs, cut in eighths
  • 1/2 of a small red pepper, finely chopped
  • 2 pickles, diced
  • 4 green onions, sliced
  • 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
  • 1/2 cup mayonnaise
  • 2 tablespoons pickle juice
  • salt, pepper and dried dill to taste
  1. Cut the cauliflower in pieces and cook in an inch of water for about 7 minutes or until tender
  2. Rinse the cauliflower in cold water and drain, using paper towel to dry it well or the salad will get watery. 
  3. Add the remaining ingredients and chill until serving time. 

Share this

Related Posts

Previous
Next Post »